Monthly Archives: January 2016
As we start another year I would like to wish you all a Happy New Year for 2016 on behalf of the Executive Committee of the Igalapedia Project and myself. I hope to see as many of us as possible attending to one of the mandatory assignment of nature, that is passing the mother tongue […]
Place your Adverts Here
Articles for learning Igala language
- Reanalysis of long vowel diphthong and CVV Syllable structure in Igala
- Organisation of the Igala Numeral System
- Igala Numeral System
- Miscellaneous Influences on the Igala Numeral System
- Unit Expressions / Morphological Forms in the Igala Numeral system
- IGALA:Towards evolving strategies for the preservation of a threatened language
- Why and how Igala numeration was recently modernized
- Overcoming the scare of language extinction a case for the Igala language
- Over View of Igala Studies
- The Dialects of Igala Language
- The morphosyntax of Igala verbs
- Igala alphabet – E
This space is vacant for Adverts
Do you believe language can die?
- Cultivation of positive attitude towards Igala Language.
- Threats to the growth of Igala language
- How Response to New Domains and Media affect the growth of Igala Language
- Which are the regions with the most endangered languages?
- How many languages have already disappeared?
- What does it mean to say that a language is extinct?
- Lack of Intergenerational Language Transmission as a threath to Igala language
- How do you define an endangered language?
- The effects of Governmental and institutional language attitudes
- Relevance of Igala language in education:
- What are the causes of language endangerment and disappearance?
- Educational potentials of Igala language:
- OHIAKA or OHIALA (Story telling)
- Igala Kingdom in Perspective
- Ejubejuailo – the ATA’s pectoral mask
- Importance of Ita Alu Igala (Igala Proverbs).
- TABOO AS AN ASPECT OF IGALA CULTURE
- The Nigerian Independence Celebration
- ANCIENT IGALA NUMERAL SYSTEM
- The Totem of Igalapedia Logo
- Towards the Standardization of the Igala Language
- AKPO (Oral puzzles in Igala Language)
- Who is “OJO” in Igala thought: Interpretative approach
- List of Nigerian languages spoken by less than 5000 people