THE NEED TO DEVELOP IGALA LANGUAGE
THE NEED TO DEVELOP IGALA LANGUAGE
A TEXT OF THE ARTICLE PRESENTED ON THE NEED TO DEVELOP IGALA LANGUAGE
THE THREAT TO DEVELOPMENT OF IGALA LANGUAGE,
RELEVANCE OF IGALA LANGUAGE IN EDUCATION AND THE INITIATION OF
WITH HER ATTENDANT CAPABILITIES TO ALLEVIATE THE IMPACTS OF
LANGUAGE IMPERIALISM AND EXTINCTION ON IGALA LANGUAGE
TO PROMOTE THE RICH IGALA CULTURAL HERITAGE TO THE OUTSIDE WORLD
AT THE OCCASION OF
THE 12TH IGALA EDUCATION SUMMIT
KOGI STATE UNIVERSITY ANYIGBA
ABDUL MUMIN YAHAYA
This article titled the need to develop Igala language was triggered by the looming threat to the language that is felt by well meaning individuals and reputable Igala community associations. As a wakeup call to alleviate the impact of the dreaded language endangerment that is less felt in the midst of it active depreciation of values to our dear Igala tribe, A humanitarian and Non Profit (NGO) Organization was Initiated by an Igala Language revolutionarist in person of Abdul M Yahaya to bridge that gap between Igala Language professionals and their target audience who are always far away from each other. The NGO project titled Igala Enclopedia A.K.A. Igalapedia Project is registered under the law of the Federal republic of Nigeria to test the viability of digitalizing the Igala Language. We commence this project not for self enrichment but trying to see if Igala land can be equated to some other ethnic nationalities in Nigeria using the resources we have put in place for public use at free cost.
Place your Adverts Here
Articles for learning Igala language
- Overview of Igala alphabets
- ANCIENT IGALA NUMERAL SYSTEM
- The Dialects of Igala Language
- Igala Numeral System: Proposal for Modifications
- Phono semantic matching between lgbo and Igala language
- Over View of Igala Studies
- Igala Kingdom in Perspective
- Igala alphabet – U
- Overcoming the scare of language extinction a case for the Igala language
- Igala Orthography
- Story telling (foktale) in Igala Culture
- Unit Expressions / Morphological Forms in the Igala Numeral system
This space is vacant for Adverts
Do you believe language can die?
- Do new languages appear today?
- Threats to the growth of Igala language
- How do you define an endangered language?
- Who made the UNESCO Atlas of the World’s Languages in Danger?
- Cultivation of positive attitude towards Igala Language.
- What does UNESCO do to prevent the endangerment and disappearance of languages?
- Need for adequate materials for Language Education and Literacy.
- Which are the regions with the most endangered languages?
- How many languages have already disappeared?
- The effects of Governmental and institutional language attitudes
- Lack of Intergenerational Language Transmission as a threath to Igala language
- What are the causes of language endangerment and disappearance?
- Reanalysis of long vowel diphthong and CVV Syllable structure in Igala
- EARLY PHASE OF CHRISTIANITY IN IGALALAND
- Relationship Between Ígálá and Yorùbá Languages
- IKEBE – The royal crown of ATA Igala
- Igalapedia – 2016 New Year Message
- Relational opposites in Igala language
- Igala home video and the portrayal of cultural identity and symbol
- Organisation of the Igala Numeral System
- Educational potentials of Igala language:
- OVERVIEW OF IGALA CULTURE
- Why you most learn the Igala language
- Enhancing Meaning through Music in Igala Festival Theatre Ogani Angwa Experience