Igalapedia Event Calendar
The IGALAPEDIA Event Calendar is a way to list all the upcoming events in the cloud and easily share them with the rest of the world. Events in IGALAPEDIA Project can be referred to many things such as An observable occurrence, phenomenon or an extraordinary occurrence. Today, information round the world is at the fingertips of everybody, Igalapedia see the need to promote every things about Igala language and Igala land to the world by creating this platform to be utilised by all and sundry. You have event, just add the title, date and venue to Igalapedia event calendar and it will be shared to every visitors that visit our website. Included on the page of your event is a distance calculator that will guide your visitors to the venue of your occasion from any part of the world.
Your event can also be part of these
Type of events you can post here:
- Ceremony: for example, a marriage, Wedding ceremony & naming ceremony etc.
- Market Days; eg Anyigba and Ejule market days.etc.
- Community events: like launching, community meetings, end of year party or Igala days celebration.
- Students’ activities: e.g. SUG Election, Igala days celebrations etc.
- Competition: for example, a sports competition e.g. Footbal match etc.
- Convention (meeting): also known as a conference.
- Happening: a performance or situation meant to be considered as art.
- Festival: for example, All Igala traditional festival, Muslim festivals and Christian festivals.
- Media event: a happening that attracts coverage by mass media.
- Party: (including internal business function or staff party) that needed to be shared with the rest of the world.
- Corporate or business function, a profit driven event meant to raise awareness of a company's brand and/or products & services.
Our calendar system combines a clean visual design, solid architectural patterns and a powerful set of features to create the most advanced calendar system available for website.
Best of all: it’s completely free (for now that Igalapedia is under construction).
WHAT CAN HAPPEN IF YOU POST AN EVENT HERE
Any event posted in Igalapedia project has many features we hope will prove useful to users and visitors, these include but not limited to:
- Just add your event to Igalapedia event calendar and it will be shared to the whole worlds that visit our website. It will be included in the available Upcoming Events as posted on Igalapedia, In some cases, your event will be made available on the front page of the web site automatically if the date and time fall within the top ten nearest events to come sorting by date.
- Included on the page of your event is a distance calculator that will guide your visitor to the venue of your occasion from any part of the world. You will spend less effort to create awareness about the event. Just include the link of your event on Igalapedia website on your invitation card or Facebook, your event could even be captured in Google search result or many other search engine.
- Recurring events; if the event is a regular one (eg. weekly, monthly or quaterly meeting), you can set rules for it occurrence and our web tools do the remaining job, the event will be called up regularly at set interval automatically.
- Follow your event on Facebook create more awareness about the occasion to multitude of visitors that use Facebook.
- Easy sharing with Google Calendar, Apple iCal, MS Outlook and any other system that accepts iCalendar (.ics) feeds
- Embedded Google Maps on the page of your event for easy accessibiity
- Colour-coded events based on category (Admin only)
- Your event will by default be tagged on the Month, week, day and agenda views on Igalapedia calendar. With free access features allowing visitors to read articles on our website, visitors can easily have access to full details you provided for your event.
- Direct links to filtered calendar views
- Each event is SEO-optimized. That is the event posted here can easily be captured on Google search result or many other search engines.
- Each event links to the original calendar. When visitor open this page, the date of your event will be tagged with excerpt of descriptions for the occasion.
- Your event can be embedded into another a web page on Igalapedia website.
Igalapedia calendar allows event creators to create one event and have it displayed on a few or thousands of calendars with no extra work. This also allows calendar creator to populate their calendar from other calendar feeds without having to go through the hassle of creating new events. For example, a soccer league taking place at Anyigba or Ejule can send its game schedule to a community sports calendar (that is another calender on another website), which, in turn, can send only featured games (from all the sports leagues it aggregates) to a community calendar, which features sports as just one category.
Take advantage of Igalapedia project and let the world be aware of your events at free cost.
Igalapedia® is a registered trademark of the Igala Enclopedia, a non-profit organization initiated to take Igala land to the next level of development.
Place your Adverts Here
Articles for learning Igala language
- Igala Numeral System: Proposal for Modifications
- Igala Language Studies and Development
- The morphosyntax of Igala verbs
- Igala Numeral System
- Igala alphabet – O
- Udogba Olopu Aluka Igala
- Reanalysis of long vowel diphthong and CVV Syllable structure in Igala
- The maiden annual conference of the Igala studies association
- Over View of Igala Studies
- Organisation of the Igala Numeral System
- Igala terminologies for medical concepts steps towards creating a metalanguage
- Igala alphabet – Ọ
This space is vacant for Adverts
Do you believe language can die?
- Educational potentials of Igala language:
- What are the causes of language endangerment and disappearance?
- Need for adequate materials for Language Education and Literacy.
- Who made the UNESCO Atlas of the World’s Languages in Danger?
- Which are the regions with the most endangered languages?
- Threats to the growth of Igala language
- The effects of Governmental and institutional language attitudes
- How do you define an endangered language?
- What can be done to save a language from disappearing?
- Lack of Intergenerational Language Transmission as a threath to Igala language
- Lack of quality documentation : Plaque to the growth of a language
- Relevance of Igala language in education:
- The Dialects of Igala Language
- Why you most learn the Igala language
- THE GRACE OF A TRUE “ATA” (FATHERHOOD)
- TABOO AS AN ASPECT OF IGALA CULTURE
- The Royal beads of Igala kindom.
- List of Nigerian languages spoken by less than 5000 people
- The Totem of Igalapedia Logo
- Igalapedia Dictionary V1.01 (Gabaidu, Idakwo Ameh Oboni Series)
- Igala alphabet – Ọ
- Overcoming the scare of language extinction a case for the Igala language
- Organisation of the Igala Numeral System
- Who is “OJO” in Igala thought: Interpretative approach