A dialect is a variant form of a language that has clear differences in pronunciation, vocabulary, grammar, idioms, set phrases and so on. Igala language has been prone to influences of other languages for a long time. These influences are more noticeable in the communities straddling the external boundaries of Igalaland to the north, south, […]
Many people are still in the dark about the relationship between the Ígáláà and the Yorùbá races and are more confounded by the similarities between their two languages. Some, in bewilderment, tend to conclude that, probably, Ígáláà is a dialect of Yoruba. On the contrary, they are two distinct languages spoken by two different peoples […]
Linguistic adoption (or language borrowing) results when a speaker imports a foreign word or expression and incorporates it into his own language. The word or expression so incorporated becomes a loan-word in the vocabulary of the first language. Loan-words in Igala speech are ‘borrowed’ from a number of languages, including Háúsá, Ìgbò, Núpé, Ìdọmà, Bassà […]
(1) The Geography of Igala Land The Igala Kingdom lies between Latitude 6° 30′ and 8° 40 north and Longitude 6° 30′ and 7° 40 east, occupying a total land area of about 13,665 sq. km. (Oguagha, 1981). Officially, it has a population of 1,409,000 as per the 2006 head-count. The Igala Kingdom shares boundaries […]
Ànyébū (Female) Àhíébū (Male) Ọ̀nyéṭ é ̣ (Abbrev. Nyéṭ é)̣ (Ọ̀nyéṭ é-̣Ọmẹkò ̣ Náji (Náji-ọ̀gọ̀dọ́, Ọma-Ọ̀mẹ for Ègwúmé ̣ women). Ògódó (for Àgàídoko clan women) Ọ́na Kó ̣jẹfú (for Muslim men) À́námādè (Abbrev. À́ ná) for Muslim women) Èédè (Mostly for Éjulè women) Ímába (Abbrev. Mába) Òyìná Òyúkwà Ọ̀híá Ònyímō ̣ Àdébú Ìjàgwú-ég̣ wà (for […]
(Ẹ́ñwu Égbálukà Alu Igáláà) The ancient Igala numeral system came into force with increased volume of trade involving counting of ancient monies. Like in the metric system, it involved units, tens and hundreds, beginning with a single unit, ‘òké.’ Cardinal numbers (or cardinals) are numbers denoting quantity (as in one/two/three or four goats or sheep). […]
5 Reasons Why you Should Learn Igala Language Most of the time, it was discovered that learning a new language might not be easy at all, but there are many benefits indeed. Many people learn languages for many different reasons, but here I will be discussing cover 5 fundamental reasons why you should learn Igala […]
English literature is a background in by itself. Its roots dates back to hundreds of many years. Chaucer is referred as the father of English literature. The ideal part about composing on English literature investigation paper, is that you have so a lot of topics to choose from. The option of subject matter will count […]
The three major mathematics operators are actively in use for the formation of Igala numbering system. Minus Multiplication + Plus | Addition = ALODAMA – Minus | Subtraction = ACHIKWO x Times | Multiplication = ACHE KIWEWE Numbers Un-contracted form of writing contracted form of writing Writing without regards for grammatical rules of Igala compound […]
Numbers Un-contracted form of writing contracted form of writing Writing without regards for grammatical rules of Igala compound word formation 0 òfo òfo òfo 1 ényẹ́ / oka ényẹ́ / oka ényẹ́ / oka 2 èjì èjì èjì 3 è̩ta è̩ta è̩ta 4 è̩lè̩ è̩lè̩ è̩lè̩ 5 è̩lú è̩lú è̩lú 6 è̩fà è̩fà è̩fà 7 […]
Place your Adverts Here
Articles for learning Igala language
- Why you most learn the Igala language
- The Dialects of Igala Language
- IGALA:Towards evolving strategies for the preservation of a threatened language
- Overview of Igala alphabets
- Overcoming the scare of language extinction a case for the Igala language
- Relational opposites in Igala language
- Igala alphabet – A
- Phono semantic matching between lgbo and Igala language
- Story telling (foktale) in Igala Culture
- Overview of Igala alphabets
- IGALA CLAN SALUTATIONS
- Relationship Between Ígálá and Yorùbá Languages
This space is vacant for Adverts
Do you believe language can die?
- Relevance of Igala language in education:
- Need for adequate materials for Language Education and Literacy.
- THE PROBLEM – LANGUAGE DEATH
- How many languages have already disappeared?
- Cultivation of positive attitude towards Igala Language.
- Do new languages appear today?
- What does UNESCO do to prevent the endangerment and disappearance of languages?
- What does it mean to say that a language is extinct?
- What can be done to save a language from disappearing?
- Who made the UNESCO Atlas of the World’s Languages in Danger?
- Educational potentials of Igala language:
- The effects of Governmental and institutional language attitudes
- Igala language and Linguistic Adoption
- AKPA-AYEGBA (THE NATION STOOL)
- OHIAKA or OHIALA (Story telling)
- IGALA CLAN SALUTATIONS
- Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) Conditional Grant Scheme
- Threats to the growth of Igala language
- Igala terminologies for medical concepts steps towards creating a metalanguage
- The Royal beads of Igala kindom.
- EARLY PHASE OF CHRISTIANITY IN IGALALAND
- The digital family theory of numbering (DIFTON)
- THE GRACE OF A TRUE “ATA” (FATHERHOOD)
- Arithmetic Operations in the Numeral system
Random Igala Words
- Take A Look At These Web Design Tips
- A Shoppers Guide To Any Washer And Dryer
- How to Play Keyboard Quickly
- Radiation Treatment For Lung Cancer Cells
- Belle amberjacksbarandgrill.com vFEHf
- IKEBE – The royal crown of ATA Igala
- Low Sodium Snacks: Beef Jerky, Nuts and Dark Chocolate
- Foods That Give Energy In The Morning
- WordPress Website Design – The reason why It Is Viewed as The Best
- Enjoying Your Vacations With cheap hotels ibiza
- TABOO AS AN ASPECT OF IGALA CULTURE
- Liver Cancer Cells Stages
- Customized Fat Loss Download
- THE HIGH PERFORMANCE DELL LAPTOP BATTERIES You can be confident
- Enhancing Meaning through Music in Igala Festival Theatre Ogani Angwa Experience
- Support To All Fighting Cancer!
- Shopping for the proper VPN
- Standards For Immediate Advice In manual social bookmarking
- Bone Cancer Cells Therapy In India
- muscle building
- What Is Jiu Jitsu
- Bone Cancer Cells Survival Rate
- Step-By-Step Quick Methods In google chrome
- How to Play Keyboard Rapidly