A dialect is a variant form of a language that has clear differences in pronunciation, vocabulary, grammar, idioms, set phrases and so on. Igala language has been prone to influences of other languages for a long time. These influences are more noticeable in the communities straddling the external boundaries of Igalaland to the north, south, […]
Many people are still in the dark about the relationship between the Ígáláà and the Yorùbá races and are more confounded by the similarities between their two languages. Some, in bewilderment, tend to conclude that, probably, Ígáláà is a dialect of Yoruba. On the contrary, they are two distinct languages spoken by two different peoples […]
Linguistic adoption (or language borrowing) results when a speaker imports a foreign word or expression and incorporates it into his own language. The word or expression so incorporated becomes a loan-word in the vocabulary of the first language. Loan-words in Igala speech are ‘borrowed’ from a number of languages, including Háúsá, Ìgbò, Núpé, Ìdọmà, Bassà […]
(1) The Geography of Igala Land The Igala Kingdom lies between Latitude 6° 30′ and 8° 40 north and Longitude 6° 30′ and 7° 40 east, occupying a total land area of about 13,665 sq. km. (Oguagha, 1981). Officially, it has a population of 1,409,000 as per the 2006 head-count. The Igala Kingdom shares boundaries […]
Ànyébū (Female) Àhíébū (Male) Ọ̀nyéṭ é ̣ (Abbrev. Nyéṭ é)̣ (Ọ̀nyéṭ é-̣Ọmẹkò ̣ Náji (Náji-ọ̀gọ̀dọ́, Ọma-Ọ̀mẹ for Ègwúmé ̣ women). Ògódó (for Àgàídoko clan women) Ọ́na Kó ̣jẹfú (for Muslim men) À́námādè (Abbrev. À́ ná) for Muslim women) Èédè (Mostly for Éjulè women) Ímába (Abbrev. Mába) Òyìná Òyúkwà Ọ̀híá Ònyímō ̣ Àdébú Ìjàgwú-ég̣ wà (for […]
(Ẹ́ñwu Égbálukà Alu Igáláà) The ancient Igala numeral system came into force with increased volume of trade involving counting of ancient monies. Like in the metric system, it involved units, tens and hundreds, beginning with a single unit, ‘òké.’ Cardinal numbers (or cardinals) are numbers denoting quantity (as in one/two/three or four goats or sheep). […]
English literature is a background in by itself. Its roots dates back to hundreds of many years. Chaucer is referred as the father of English literature. The ideal part about composing on English literature investigation paper, is that you have so a lot of topics to choose from. The option of subject matter will count […]
The three major mathematics operators are actively in use for the formation of Igala numbering system. Minus Multiplication + Plus | Addition = ALODAMA – Minus | Subtraction = ACHIKWO x Times | Multiplication = ACHE KIWEWE Numbers Un-contracted form of writing contracted form of writing Writing without regards for grammatical rules of Igala compound […]
Numbers Un-contracted form of writing contracted form of writing Writing without regards for grammatical rules of Igala compound word formation 0 òfo òfo òfo 1 ényẹ́ / oka ényẹ́ / oka ényẹ́ / oka 2 èjì èjì èjì 3 è̩ta è̩ta è̩ta 4 è̩lè̩ è̩lè̩ è̩lè̩ 5 è̩lú è̩lú è̩lú 6 è̩fà è̩fà è̩fà 7 […]
Particularly in the counting of money today, the influence from the British Pound system evaluation, the influence of the Hausa language and the influence of the English language most recently are evident in the Igala counting system. IPAMU ‘pound’ is used in evaluating the Naira as a hangover from the British sterling system. Value equivalence is […]
Place your Adverts Here
Articles for learning Igala language
- Reanalysis of long vowel diphthong and CVV Syllable structure in Igala
- The morphosyntax of Igala verbs
- Why and how Igala numeration was recently modernized
- Igala Numeral System
- The Dialects of Igala Language
- Igala Kingdom in Perspective
- Division Of English Language And Literature
- Igala Language Studies and Development
- Igala alphabet – Ọ
- Igala language and Linguistic Adoption
- Overcoming the scare of language extinction a case for the Igala language
- Igala Orthography
This space is vacant for Adverts
Do you believe language can die?
- How do you define an endangered language?
- Threats to the growth of Igala language
- Do new languages appear today?
- What can be done to save a language from disappearing?
- Cultivation of positive attitude towards Igala Language.
- Relevance of Igala language in education:
- Who made the UNESCO Atlas of the World’s Languages in Danger?
- What does UNESCO do to prevent the endangerment and disappearance of languages?
- How many languages have already disappeared?
- THE PROBLEM – LANGUAGE DEATH
- What does it mean to say that a language is extinct?
- How Response to New Domains and Media affect the growth of Igala Language
- Why you most learn the Igala language
- British imperialism and the reign of Attah Ameh Oboni – the inevitable clash)
- Towards the Standardization of the Igala Language
- The Dialects of Igala Language
- Igala Numeral System
- History of Igalapedia Project
- UNYIALE – The Royal umbrella
- NATIONAL INSTITUTE FOR NIGERIAN LANGUAGES (NINLAN) – 2016 National Conffeerence
- Phono semantic matching between lgbo and Igala language
- OVERVIEW OF IGALA CULTURE
- Arithmetic Operations in the Numeral system
- Igala terminologies for medical concepts steps towards creating a metalanguage
Random Igala Words
- Sources And Treatment Of Prostate Cancer
- Lack of quality documentation : Plaque to the growth of a language
- Exactly What Do You Indicate I Have Cancer
- Shopping for the correct VPN
- Boxing And Martial Art Equipment The Following The Dress Code!
- 2015 Independent celebration message from Igalapedia Project
- Stage 2 Ovarian Cancer Cells
- Cancer Of The Prostate Radiation
- Low Sodium Snacks: Beef Jerky, Nuts along with Dark Chocolate
- Shopping for the proper VPN
- CHALLENGES ON ATTAH HANDS
- Igala alphabet – I
- Metastatic Liver Cancer Therapy
- Learn How to Grow an Organic Garden with a Full Video Course
- Sweet remainder in a motel cajamarca
- Herbal Medicines For Cervical Cancer Cells
- Language threath
- How do majority language speakers feel about language endangerment?
- Making the actual Transition in order to Assisted Living Easier
- How do I sign in?
- Calvin Klein Watches Adornment With Elegance
- Cancer Write-Up Category
- Peritoneal Cancer Sources And Signs.