A dialect is a variant form of a language that has clear differences in pronunciation, vocabulary, grammar, idioms, set phrases and so on. Igala language has been prone to influences of other languages for a long time. These influences are more noticeable in the communities straddling the external boundaries of Igalaland to the north, south, […]
Many people are still in the dark about the relationship between the Ígáláà and the Yorùbá races and are more confounded by the similarities between their two languages. Some, in bewilderment, tend to conclude that, probably, Ígáláà is a dialect of Yoruba. On the contrary, they are two distinct languages spoken by two different peoples […]
Linguistic adoption (or language borrowing) results when a speaker imports a foreign word or expression and incorporates it into his own language. The word or expression so incorporated becomes a loan-word in the vocabulary of the first language. Loan-words in Igala speech are ‘borrowed’ from a number of languages, including Háúsá, Ìgbò, Núpé, Ìdọmà, Bassà […]
(1) The Geography of Igala Land The Igala Kingdom lies between Latitude 6° 30′ and 8° 40 north and Longitude 6° 30′ and 7° 40 east, occupying a total land area of about 13,665 sq. km. (Oguagha, 1981). Officially, it has a population of 1,409,000 as per the 2006 head-count. The Igala Kingdom shares boundaries […]
Ànyébū (Female) Àhíébū (Male) Ọ̀nyéṭ é ̣ (Abbrev. Nyéṭ é)̣ (Ọ̀nyéṭ é-̣Ọmẹkò ̣ Náji (Náji-ọ̀gọ̀dọ́, Ọma-Ọ̀mẹ for Ègwúmé ̣ women). Ògódó (for Àgàídoko clan women) Ọ́na Kó ̣jẹfú (for Muslim men) À́námādè (Abbrev. À́ ná) for Muslim women) Èédè (Mostly for Éjulè women) Ímába (Abbrev. Mába) Òyìná Òyúkwà Ọ̀híá Ònyímō ̣ Àdébú Ìjàgwú-ég̣ wà (for […]
(Ẹ́ñwu Égbálukà Alu Igáláà) The ancient Igala numeral system came into force with increased volume of trade involving counting of ancient monies. Like in the metric system, it involved units, tens and hundreds, beginning with a single unit, ‘òké.’ Cardinal numbers (or cardinals) are numbers denoting quantity (as in one/two/three or four goats or sheep). […]
English literature is a background in by itself. Its roots dates back to hundreds of many years. Chaucer is referred as the father of English literature. The ideal part about composing on English literature investigation paper, is that you have so a lot of topics to choose from. The option of subject matter will count […]
The three major mathematics operators are actively in use for the formation of Igala numbering system. Minus Multiplication + Plus | Addition = ALODAMA – Minus | Subtraction = ACHIKWO x Times | Multiplication = ACHE KIWEWE Numbers Un-contracted form of writing contracted form of writing Writing without regards for grammatical rules of Igala compound […]
Numbers Un-contracted form of writing contracted form of writing Writing without regards for grammatical rules of Igala compound word formation 0 òfo òfo òfo 1 ényẹ́ / oka ényẹ́ / oka ényẹ́ / oka 2 èjì èjì èjì 3 è̩ta è̩ta è̩ta 4 è̩lè̩ è̩lè̩ è̩lè̩ 5 è̩lú è̩lú è̩lú 6 è̩fà è̩fà è̩fà 7 […]
Particularly in the counting of money today, the influence from the British Pound system evaluation, the influence of the Hausa language and the influence of the English language most recently are evident in the Igala counting system. IPAMU ‘pound’ is used in evaluating the Naira as a hangover from the British sterling system. Value equivalence is […]
Place your Adverts Here
Articles for learning Igala language
- Overcoming the scare of language extinction a case for the Igala language
- Unit Expressions / Morphological Forms in the Igala Numeral system
- Udogba Olopu Aluka Igala
- Morphology of Igala Language
- Igala alphabet – A
- Igala Studies
- Igala Orthography
- Relationship Between Ígálá and Yorùbá Languages
- The morphosyntax of Igala verbs
- List of Nigerian languages spoken by less than 5000 people
- Igala terminologies for medical concepts steps towards creating a metalanguage
- A case for Igala language studies in the curriculum of agricultural extension in schools
This space is vacant for Adverts
Do you believe language can die?
- The effects of Governmental and institutional language attitudes
- Threats to the growth of Igala language
- Cultivation of positive attitude towards Igala Language.
- Which are the regions with the most endangered languages?
- What does it mean to say that a language is extinct?
- What does UNESCO do to prevent the endangerment and disappearance of languages?
- Lack of quality documentation : Plaque to the growth of a language
- How do you define an endangered language?
- Lack of Intergenerational Language Transmission as a threath to Igala language
- How many languages have already disappeared?
- Do new languages appear today?
- THE PROBLEM – LANGUAGE DEATH
- Igalapedia Dictionary V1.01 (Gabaidu, Idakwo Ameh Oboni Series)
- AKPA-AYEGBA (THE NATION STOOL)
- EDUCATION AND RE-ORIENTATION OF IGALA CULTURAL VALUES
- Reanalysis of long vowel diphthong and CVV Syllable structure in Igala
- Organisation of the Igala Numeral System
- The Nigerian Independence Celebration
- Story telling (foktale) in Igala Culture
- Igala Kingdom in Perspective
- AKWU or ALO (Idoms)
- Udogba Olopu Aluka Igala
- ADALE (Another form of Idioms)
- Why and how Igala numeration was recently modernized
Random Igala Words
- Early Detection Of Cancer Cells Symptoms
- Make Your Building Job Faster, Safer, and simpler With Rochester Crane Services
- Cobra Insurance Plan – COBRA Health Insurance Coverage Added Benefits Heritage
- Age Of War Flash Game Title
- Do new languages appear today?
- Signs And Indications Of Brain Cancer Cells
- IGALA (AFRICAN) CULTURE AND THE CHRISTIAN FAITH: CHALLENGES AND PROSPECTS
- Cancer Cells Write-Ups At Ezinemark
- Silver Pearl Necklace
- Choose Diamond Rings With Adore And Care
- Branded Watches – How to decide on the Best Brand Among Different Branded Watches
- Identifying Bust Cancer Cells Stages For A Correct Therapy
- North America
- Bone Cancer Treatment In India
- Low Sodium Snacks: Beef Jerky, Nuts and also Dark Chocolate
- Herndon Realtor, Voted as Herndon Virginia’s Best Realtor offer World Class Real Estate Services
- Skin Cancer Cells Radiation Therapy. Chemotherapy Information
- Bust Cancer Cells Information
- Symptoms Of Breast Cancer And Treatment
- Earn a reliable Income Working Online
- How to Play Keyboard Rapidly
- Choosing The Right Elder Care For the Senior Loved One
- Support To All Fighting Cancer!
- Exactly What You Must Learn About Secondary Cancer