A dialect is a variant form of a language that has clear differences in pronunciation, vocabulary, grammar, idioms, set phrases and so on. Igala language has been prone to influences of other languages for a long time. These influences are more noticeable in the communities straddling the external boundaries of Igalaland to the north, south, […]
Many people are still in the dark about the relationship between the Ígáláà and the Yorùbá races and are more confounded by the similarities between their two languages. Some, in bewilderment, tend to conclude that, probably, Ígáláà is a dialect of Yoruba. On the contrary, they are two distinct languages spoken by two different peoples […]
Linguistic adoption (or language borrowing) results when a speaker imports a foreign word or expression and incorporates it into his own language. The word or expression so incorporated becomes a loan-word in the vocabulary of the first language. Loan-words in Igala speech are ‘borrowed’ from a number of languages, including Háúsá, Ìgbò, Núpé, Ìdọmà, Bassà […]
(1) The Geography of Igala Land The Igala Kingdom lies between Latitude 6° 30′ and 8° 40 north and Longitude 6° 30′ and 7° 40 east, occupying a total land area of about 13,665 sq. km. (Oguagha, 1981). Officially, it has a population of 1,409,000 as per the 2006 head-count. The Igala Kingdom shares boundaries […]
Ànyébū (Female) Àhíébū (Male) Ọ̀nyéṭ é ̣ (Abbrev. Nyéṭ é)̣ (Ọ̀nyéṭ é-̣Ọmẹkò ̣ Náji (Náji-ọ̀gọ̀dọ́, Ọma-Ọ̀mẹ for Ègwúmé ̣ women). Ògódó (for Àgàídoko clan women) Ọ́na Kó ̣jẹfú (for Muslim men) À́námādè (Abbrev. À́ ná) for Muslim women) Èédè (Mostly for Éjulè women) Ímába (Abbrev. Mába) Òyìná Òyúkwà Ọ̀híá Ònyímō ̣ Àdébú Ìjàgwú-ég̣ wà (for […]
(Ẹ́ñwu Égbálukà Alu Igáláà) The ancient Igala numeral system came into force with increased volume of trade involving counting of ancient monies. Like in the metric system, it involved units, tens and hundreds, beginning with a single unit, ‘òké.’ Cardinal numbers (or cardinals) are numbers denoting quantity (as in one/two/three or four goats or sheep). […]
English literature is a background in by itself. Its roots dates back to hundreds of many years. Chaucer is referred as the father of English literature. The ideal part about composing on English literature investigation paper, is that you have so a lot of topics to choose from. The option of subject matter will count […]
The three major mathematics operators are actively in use for the formation of Igala numbering system. Minus Multiplication + Plus | Addition = ALODAMA – Minus | Subtraction = ACHIKWO x Times | Multiplication = ACHE KIWEWE Numbers Un-contracted form of writing contracted form of writing Writing without regards for grammatical rules of Igala compound […]
Numbers Un-contracted form of writing contracted form of writing Writing without regards for grammatical rules of Igala compound word formation 0 òfo òfo òfo 1 ényẹ́ / oka ényẹ́ / oka ényẹ́ / oka 2 èjì èjì èjì 3 è̩ta è̩ta è̩ta 4 è̩lè̩ è̩lè̩ è̩lè̩ 5 è̩lú è̩lú è̩lú 6 è̩fà è̩fà è̩fà 7 […]
Particularly in the counting of money today, the influence from the British Pound system evaluation, the influence of the Hausa language and the influence of the English language most recently are evident in the Igala counting system. IPAMU ‘pound’ is used in evaluating the Naira as a hangover from the British sterling system. Value equivalence is […]
Place your Adverts Here
Articles for learning Igala language
- Igala language and Linguistic Adoption
- Why and how Igala numeration was recently modernized
- Phono semantic matching between lgbo and Igala language
- Igala Phonology
- Igala alphabet – I
- Overview of Igala alphabets
- Igala Kingdom in Perspective
- Story telling (foktale) in Igala Culture
- Igala alphabet – O
- Igala Orthography
- Igala alphabet – A
- Igala terminologies for medical concepts steps towards creating a metalanguage
This space is vacant for Adverts
Do you believe language can die?
- How many languages have already disappeared?
- Which are the regions with the most endangered languages?
- Lack of quality documentation : Plaque to the growth of a language
- Relevance of Igala language in education:
- Do new languages appear today?
- How Response to New Domains and Media affect the growth of Igala Language
- What does it mean to say that a language is extinct?
- How do you define an endangered language?
- Who made the UNESCO Atlas of the World’s Languages in Danger?
- What does UNESCO do to prevent the endangerment and disappearance of languages?
- What can be done to save a language from disappearing?
- Cultivation of positive attitude towards Igala Language.
- Educational potentials of Igala language:
- Unit Expressions / Morphological Forms in the Igala Numeral system
- Indigenous languages, proverbs and culture as agents for inculcating positive values and moral instructions among Nigerian children theatrical approach
- Relevance of Igala language in education:
- The Totem of Igalapedia Logo
- The effects of Governmental and institutional language attitudes
- Repositioning indigenous theatre and language for cultural awareness among the Igala youths
- History of Igalapedia Project
- Towards the Standardization of the Igala Language
- Igala alphabet – Ẹ
- Enhancing Meaning through Music in Igala Festival Theatre Ogani Angwa Experience
- Igala home video and the portrayal of cultural identity and symbol
Random Igala Words
- Miscellaneous Influences on the Igala Numeral System
- Stage 4 Breast Cancer Cells
- Garcinia Weight Loss
- Foods That Give Energy In The Morning
- Develop A Wedding Internet Site
- Selecting the Right Furniture for Your Office to Make Your Coworkers Work as Hard as Possible
- Is Colon Cancer Cells Triggered By Constipation Or Emotional Injury
- List of Nigerian languages spoken by less than 5000 people
- Cancer Cells; Among The Top Killing Diseases On The Planet
- trial of ibf3
- Reanalysis of long vowel diphthong and CVV Syllable structure in Igala
- The way to Live a Sober Life
- Introducing Quick Systems In Technology
- Igalapedia Scientific Calculator
- Conditions Of Liver Cancer Cells
- Emerging Challenges In Effortless Secrets Of Dieting News
- THE HIGH PERFORMANCE DELL LAPTOP BATTERIES YOU CAN RELY ON
- About Colon Cancer Survival Rates
- Home Cash Package Review
- A Guide To Simple web host Methods
- 4 Solutions to Get Your Ex Girlfriend Back Quick
- The Best Routes For Astute Systems Of Vaporizer – A Convenient Breakdown
- A case for Igala language studies in the curriculum of agricultural extension in schools
- White Vinegar For Candidiasis