Cultivation of positive attitude towards Igala Language.
Posted by abdul at December 28th, 2012
According to Unesco (2003)-
“When members’ attitudes towards their language are very positive, the language may be seen as a key symbol of group identity. Just as people value family traditions, festivals and community events, members of the community may see their language as a cultural core value vital to their community and ethnic identity.
If members view their language as hindrance to economic mobility and integration into mainstream society, they may develop negative attitudes toward the language”.
The end result is backwardness
Igalapedia sees Igala language as veritable vehicle of communication in Nigeria as detailed in the article presented by Dr Tom Miachi at Kogi State University Anyigba. Against the background of this passage, we sees the need for all Igala Children both at home and in Diaspora to imbibe positive attitude towards the language, this will make the Igala language a key symbol of group identity just as people value family traditions, festivals and community events, Igala people have all need to see their mother tongue as a cultural core value, vital to the Igala community and ethnic identity all over the world.
Place your Adverts Here
Articles for learning Igala language
- Igala Numeral System: Proposal for Modifications
- Igala terminologies for medical concepts steps towards creating a metalanguage
- Igala alphabet – E
- Igala Kingdom in Perspective
- Igala Studies
- Why and how Igala numeration was recently modernized
- Udogba Olopu Aluka Igala
- Morphology of Igala Language
- Towards the Standardization of the Igala Language
- Igala Language Studies and Development
- Igala alphabet – U
- Phono semantic matching between lgbo and Igala language
This space is vacant for Adverts
Do you believe language can die?
- How Response to New Domains and Media affect the growth of Igala Language
- What does UNESCO do to prevent the endangerment and disappearance of languages?
- THE PROBLEM – LANGUAGE DEATH
- Need for adequate materials for Language Education and Literacy.
- Educational potentials of Igala language:
- Threats to the growth of Igala language
- What can be done to save a language from disappearing?
- Cultivation of positive attitude towards Igala Language.
- Relevance of Igala language in education:
- Who made the UNESCO Atlas of the World’s Languages in Danger?
- How do you define an endangered language?
- What does it mean to say that a language is extinct?
- Relational opposites in Igala language
- Overcoming the scare of language extinction a case for the Igala language
- UNYIALE – The Royal umbrella
- ANCIENT IGALA NUMERAL SYSTEM
- Igala Numeral System
- ITA IGALA 2
- A case for Igala language studies in the curriculum of agricultural extension in schools
- Unit Expressions / Morphological Forms in the Igala Numeral system
- NATIONAL INSTITUTE FOR NIGERIAN LANGUAGES (NINLAN) – 2016 National Conffeerence
- Igala alphabet – E
- Igala alphabet – Ọ
- Lack of Intergenerational Language Transmission as a threath to Igala language