How Response to New Domains and Media affect the growth of Igala Language
Posted by abdul at December 28th, 2012
Language is dynamic in nature. As living conditions of a given community change, so do new areas for language use emerge. Some language of the world succeed in expanding their own language into the new domain while most are unable to do so most especially the Igala Language. Schools, new work environments, new media, including broadcast media and the Internet, usually serve only to expand the scope and power of the dominant language at the expense of endangered languages.
In view if this Igalapedia will have a sleepless night until the Igala Language is digitalized. All Igala Children shall have access to materials for learning the language through our website at free cost from anywhere in the world.
Place your Adverts Here
Articles for learning Igala language
- Arithmetic Operations in the Numeral system
- Phono semantic matching between lgbo and Igala language
- Morphology of Igala Language
- Why you most learn the Igala language
- IGALA:Towards evolving strategies for the preservation of a threatened language
- The digital family theory of numbering (DIFTON)
- Overcoming the scare of language extinction a case for the Igala language
- Igala Numeral System
- Division Of English Language And Literature
- EDUCATION AND RE-ORIENTATION OF IGALA CULTURAL VALUES
- Igala Phonology
- Over View of Igala Studies
This space is vacant for Adverts
Do you believe language can die?
- THE PROBLEM – LANGUAGE DEATH
- Educational potentials of Igala language:
- The effects of Governmental and institutional language attitudes
- Lack of Intergenerational Language Transmission as a threath to Igala language
- Threats to the growth of Igala language
- Lack of quality documentation : Plaque to the growth of a language
- What are the causes of language endangerment and disappearance?
- Cultivation of positive attitude towards Igala Language.
- Do new languages appear today?
- How Response to New Domains and Media affect the growth of Igala Language
- Need for adequate materials for Language Education and Literacy.
- Relevance of Igala language in education:
- EARLY PHASE OF CHRISTIANITY IN IGALALAND
- CHALLENGES ON ATTAH HANDS
- Relationship Between Ígálá and Yorùbá Languages
- IGALA WORLDVIEW AS A VERITABLE BASIS FOR IGALA PHILOSOPHY
- THE AJU-OCHOLI LINEAGE
- Igala home video and the portrayal of cultural identity and symbol
- IGALA CULTURAL EVOLUTION
- The maiden annual conference of the Igala studies association
- Towards the Standardization of the Igala Language
- ANCIENT IGALA NUMERAL SYSTEM
- History of Igalapedia Project
- Enhancing Meaning through Music in Igala Festival Theatre Ogani Angwa Experience