How Response to New Domains and Media affect the growth of Igala Language
Posted by abdul at December 28th, 2012
Language is dynamic in nature. As living conditions of a given community change, so do new areas for language use emerge. Some language of the world succeed in expanding their own language into the new domain while most are unable to do so most especially the Igala Language. Schools, new work environments, new media, including broadcast media and the Internet, usually serve only to expand the scope and power of the dominant language at the expense of endangered languages.
In view if this Igalapedia will have a sleepless night until the Igala Language is digitalized. All Igala Children shall have access to materials for learning the language through our website at free cost from anywhere in the world.
Place your Adverts Here
Articles for learning Igala language
- EDUCATION AND RE-ORIENTATION OF IGALA CULTURAL VALUES
- A case for Igala language studies in the curriculum of agricultural extension in schools
- Phono semantic matching between lgbo and Igala language
- Igala Phonology
- Igala terminologies for medical concepts steps towards creating a metalanguage
- Igala alphabet – I
- Reanalysis of long vowel diphthong and CVV Syllable structure in Igala
- Igala alphabet – O
- Igala Studies
- Igala Orthography
- List of Nigerian languages spoken by less than 5000 people
- Igala alphabet – Ọ
This space is vacant for Adverts
Do you believe language can die?
- Who made the UNESCO Atlas of the World’s Languages in Danger?
- How many languages have already disappeared?
- What can be done to save a language from disappearing?
- How Response to New Domains and Media affect the growth of Igala Language
- Lack of Intergenerational Language Transmission as a threath to Igala language
- Relevance of Igala language in education:
- The effects of Governmental and institutional language attitudes
- Educational potentials of Igala language:
- Lack of quality documentation : Plaque to the growth of a language
- How do you define an endangered language?
- Do new languages appear today?
- What does it mean to say that a language is extinct?
- Overview of Igala alphabets
- Enhancing Meaning through Music in Igala Festival Theatre Ogani Angwa Experience
- IGALA:Towards evolving strategies for the preservation of a threatened language
- Miscellaneous Influences on the Igala Numeral System
- Igala Kingdom in Perspective
- The Dialects of Igala Language
- IGALA CLAN SALUTATIONS
- Ita Alu Igala (Proverbs)
- Rediscovering Igala economic potentials and the need to Integrate Igala economy in Igala language studies in Nigeria 2
- Igala language and Linguistic Adoption
- THE AJU-OCHOLI LINEAGE
- IGALA WORLDVIEW AS A VERITABLE BASIS FOR IGALA PHILOSOPHY