By: ポトフ - CC BY 2.0As we start another year I would like to wish you…
Nigeria gained her independence from Britain in October 1960. Three years later, it becomes a republic.The history of Nigeria can be…
A dialect is a variant form of a language that has clear differences in pronunciation, vocabulary, grammar, idioms, set phrases…
Many people are still in the dark about the relationship between the Ígáláà and the Yorùbá races and are more…
Linguistic adoption (or language borrowing) results when a speaker imports a foreign word or expression and incorporates it into his…
(1) The Geography of Igala Land The Igala Kingdom lies between Latitude 6° 30' and 8° 40 north and Longitude…
Ànyébū (Female) Àhíébū (Male) Ọ̀nyéṭ é ̣ (Abbrev. Nyéṭ é)̣ (Ọ̀nyéṭ é-̣Ọmẹkò ̣ Náji (Náji-ọ̀gọ̀dọ́, Ọma-Ọ̀mẹ for Ègwúmé ̣ women).…
(Ẹ́ñwu Égbálukà Alu Igáláà) The ancient Igala numeral system came into force with increased volume of trade involving counting of…
Bull (1964), has emphasized that the best medium for teaching is the mother-tongue of the pupil. It is the assertion…
5 Reasons Why you Should Learn Igala Language Most of the time, it was discovered that learning a new language…
Africans and African Humanism: What Prospects? Egbunu Fidelis Eleojo, PhD Department of Philosophy and Religious Studies Kogi State University Anyigba…
IGALA WORLDVIEW AS A VERITABLE BASIS FOR IGALA PHILOSOPHY EGBUNU, FIDELIS ELEOJO (PhD) GSM: 08068515750/ 08059215672 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Department of…
The three major mathematics operators are actively in use for the formation of Igala numbering system. Minus Multiplication + Plus…
Numbers Un-contracted form of writing contracted form of writing Writing without regards for grammatical rules of Igala compound word formation…
Particularly in the counting of money today, the influence from the British Pound system evaluation, the influence of the Hausa…
The Igala numeral system is in a structurally complex state that presents quite some difficulty to the user and learner.…
The numeral system of Igala displays mathematical operations of addition, multiplication and subtraction in the realisation of especially non-basic numbers.…
Letter U in the Igala alphabets U u HTML Entity Name : HTML Entity Number (U): & #7884; HTML Entity…
Letter Ọ in the Igala alphabets Ọ ọ HTML Entity Name : HTML Entity Number (Ọ): & #7884; HTML Entity…
Letter O in the Igala alphabets O o HTML Entity Name : HTML Entity Number (O): O HTML Entity Number…
Letter I in the Igala alphabets I i HTML Entity Name : HTML Entity Number (I): I HTML Entity Number…
Ẹẹ HTML Entity Name : HTML Entity Number (Ẹ): Ẹ HTML Entity Number (ẹ): ẹẹba ẹbe ẹbẹ ẹbi…
- ek 'aluka-nw
- ef 'egwúdu
- ek 'ofẹ́tẹtẹ-ola
- ej 'àbi
- egbór 'úbì-etí
- egwilì ny 'ọ́biẹ
- eb 'obi
- edaba-kùmà-dolíchona nwu
Igala words that starts with (E)
Letter E in the Igala alphabets E e HTML Entity Name : HTML Entity Number (E): E HTML Entity Number…
Letter A in the Igala alphabets A a HTML Entity Name : HTML Entity Number (A): A HTML Entity Number…
The Igala alphabet comprise 31 letters adapted from the roman alphabet which in turn was adapted by English.Some of these…
The use of Royal crown The use of royal crown as a mark of royalty is a universal trend that…
ODECHI - Drum Introduction The use of special drums as a distinctive feature of royalty…
The Aju-Ocholi lineage is one arm of the ruling dynasty in Igala kingdom. Its reign came into being following the…
Place your Adverts Here
Articles for learning Igala language
- Division Of English Language And Literature
- Udogba Olopu Aluka Igala
- Igala Numeral System: Proposal for Modifications
- Morphology of Igala Language
- Igala alphabet – E
- Igala Phonology
- The Dialects of Igala Language
- Igala Kingdom in Perspective
- Igala alphabet – U
- IGALA:Towards evolving strategies for the preservation of a threatened language
- Over View of Igala Studies
- Relational opposites in Igala language
This space is vacant for Adverts
Do you believe language can die?
- What does UNESCO do to prevent the endangerment and disappearance of languages?
- What does it mean to say that a language is extinct?
- How Response to New Domains and Media affect the growth of Igala Language
- Who made the UNESCO Atlas of the World’s Languages in Danger?
- Which are the regions with the most endangered languages?
- Relevance of Igala language in education:
- What are the causes of language endangerment and disappearance?
- Do new languages appear today?
- Need for adequate materials for Language Education and Literacy.
- THE PROBLEM – LANGUAGE DEATH
- Lack of quality documentation : Plaque to the growth of a language
- The effects of Governmental and institutional language attitudes
- Indigenous languages, proverbs and culture as agents for inculcating positive values and moral instructions among Nigerian children theatrical approach
- Igala home video and the portrayal of cultural identity and symbol
- The Royal beads of Igala kindom.
- Lack of Intergenerational Language Transmission as a threath to Igala language
- Arithmetic Operations in the Numeral system
- Why you most learn the Igala language
- ADALE (Another form of Idioms)
- Africans and African Humanism: What Prospects?
- The ATA Royal drums and trumpets
- Miscellaneous Influences on the Igala Numeral System
- The morphosyntax of Igala verbs
- THE GRACE OF A TRUE “ATA” (FATHERHOOD)