Igala Language Studies and Development
Posted by abdul at February 15th, 2013
Igala Language Studies and Development:
Progress, Issues and Challenges
Gideon Sunday Omachonu, PhD, AvHF
Being the text of a paper presented at the
12th Igala Education Summit
held at Kogi State University, Anyigba- Kogi State, Nigeria.
28th -29th Dec. 2012.
Place your Adverts Here
Articles for learning Igala language
- Lack of Intergenerational Language Transmission as a threath to Igala language
- Relationship Between Ígálá and Yorùbá Languages
- The Dialects of Igala Language
- Igala alphabet – O
- Relational opposites in Igala language
- The morphosyntax of Igala verbs
- Over View of Igala Studies
- ANCIENT IGALA NUMERAL SYSTEM
- Igala Language Studies and Development
- Morphology of Igala Language
- Igala terminologies for medical concepts steps towards creating a metalanguage
- Igala Numeral System: Proposal for Modifications
This space is vacant for Adverts
Do you believe language can die?
- THE PROBLEM – LANGUAGE DEATH
- Lack of quality documentation : Plaque to the growth of a language
- Which are the regions with the most endangered languages?
- What are the causes of language endangerment and disappearance?
- How do you define an endangered language?
- Relevance of Igala language in education:
- Need for adequate materials for Language Education and Literacy.
- How Response to New Domains and Media affect the growth of Igala Language
- What can be done to save a language from disappearing?
- Who made the UNESCO Atlas of the World’s Languages in Danger?
- Educational potentials of Igala language:
- How many languages have already disappeared?
- Overview of Igala alphabets
- The digital family theory of numbering (DIFTON)
- ITA IGALA 2
- CHALLENGES ON ATTAH HANDS
- Igala alphabet – U
- Udogba Olopu Aluka Igala
- Igala home video and the portrayal of cultural identity and symbol
- EDUCATION AND RE-ORIENTATION OF IGALA CULTURAL VALUES
- EARLY PHASE OF CHRISTIANITY IN IGALALAND
- Organisation of the Igala Numeral System
- AKPA-AYEGBA (THE NATION STOOL)
- Reanalysis of long vowel diphthong and CVV Syllable structure in Igala