A dialect is a variant form of a language that has clear differences in pronunciation, vocabulary, grammar, idioms, set phrases…
Igala Numbering System
This is a small function written to convert numbers to Igala words counting from 1 to 9999999999999999999 and numbers to Igala monetary values counting from 1 to 9999999. At the moment, this page is converting numbers to Igala money from 1 to 100020, the generated data for the conversion is still under review.
For detailed studies about the multiple arithmetic operations in Igala numbering system, follow links below.
Many people are still in the dark about the relationship between the Ígáláà and the Yorùbá races and are more…
Linguistic adoption (or language borrowing) results when a speaker imports a foreign word or expression and incorporates it into his…
(1) The Geography of Igala Land The Igala Kingdom lies between Latitude 6° 30' and 8° 40 north and Longitude…
Ànyébū (Female) Àhíébū (Male) Ọ̀nyéṭ é ̣ (Abbrev. Nyéṭ é)̣ (Ọ̀nyéṭ é-̣Ọmẹkò ̣ Náji (Náji-ọ̀gọ̀dọ́, Ọma-Ọ̀mẹ for Ègwúmé ̣ women).…
(Ẹ́ñwu Égbálukà Alu Igáláà) The ancient Igala numeral system came into force with increased volume of trade involving counting of…
The three major mathematics operators are actively in use for the formation of Igala numbering system. Minus Multiplication + Plus…
Numbers Un-contracted form of writing contracted form of writing Writing without regards for grammatical rules of Igala compound word formation…
Particularly in the counting of money today, the influence from the British Pound system evaluation, the influence of the Hausa…
The Igala numeral system is in a structurally complex state that presents quite some difficulty to the user and learner.…
The numeral system of Igala displays mathematical operations of addition, multiplication and subtraction in the realisation of especially non-basic numbers.…
Udogba Olopu Aluka Igala Being the text of article presented at the occasion of the maiden edition of IGALA STUDIES…
Why and how Igala numeration was recently modernized Being the text of article presented at the occasion of the maiden…
The digital family theory of numbering (DIFTON) Being the text of article presented at the occasion of the maiden edition…
Place your Adverts Here
Articles for learning Igala language
- Why and how Igala numeration was recently modernized
- Igala Orthography
- EDUCATION AND RE-ORIENTATION OF IGALA CULTURAL VALUES
- Division Of English Language And Literature
- Morphology of Igala Language
- List of Nigerian languages spoken by less than 5000 people
- The digital family theory of numbering (DIFTON)
- IGALA:Towards evolving strategies for the preservation of a threatened language
- Igala alphabet – E
- Igala alphabet – Ọ
- The Dialects of Igala Language
- Igala alphabet – O
This space is vacant for Adverts
Do you believe language can die?
- Who made the UNESCO Atlas of the World’s Languages in Danger?
- What does it mean to say that a language is extinct?
- What can be done to save a language from disappearing?
- Need for adequate materials for Language Education and Literacy.
- Lack of quality documentation : Plaque to the growth of a language
- Which are the regions with the most endangered languages?
- What does UNESCO do to prevent the endangerment and disappearance of languages?
- Do new languages appear today?
- How Response to New Domains and Media affect the growth of Igala Language
- How many languages have already disappeared?
- Threats to the growth of Igala language
- THE PROBLEM – LANGUAGE DEATH
- Igala language and Linguistic Adoption
- The Totem of Igalapedia Logo
- OKPA – ATA (THE SCEPTER)
- Overview of Igala alphabets
- IGALA CLAN SALUTATIONS
- Ejubejuailo – the ATA’s pectoral mask
- Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) Conditional Grant Scheme
- Igala alphabet – I
- The Dialects of Igala Language
- Overcoming the scare of language extinction a case for the Igala language
- Story telling (foktale) in Igala Culture
- Igala alphabet – Ẹ