A dialect is a variant form of a language that has clear differences in pronunciation, vocabulary, grammar, idioms, set phrases…
Igala Numbering System
This is a small function written to convert numbers to Igala words counting from 1 to 9999999999999999999 and numbers to Igala monetary values counting from 1 to 9999999. At the moment, this page is converting numbers to Igala money from 1 to 100020, the generated data for the conversion is still under review.
For detailed studies about the multiple arithmetic operations in Igala numbering system, follow links below.
Many people are still in the dark about the relationship between the Ígáláà and the Yorùbá races and are more…
Linguistic adoption (or language borrowing) results when a speaker imports a foreign word or expression and incorporates it into his…
(1) The Geography of Igala Land The Igala Kingdom lies between Latitude 6° 30' and 8° 40 north and Longitude…
Ànyébū (Female) Àhíébū (Male) Ọ̀nyéṭ é ̣ (Abbrev. Nyéṭ é)̣ (Ọ̀nyéṭ é-̣Ọmẹkò ̣ Náji (Náji-ọ̀gọ̀dọ́, Ọma-Ọ̀mẹ for Ègwúmé ̣ women).…
(Ẹ́ñwu Égbálukà Alu Igáláà) The ancient Igala numeral system came into force with increased volume of trade involving counting of…
The three major mathematics operators are actively in use for the formation of Igala numbering system. Minus Multiplication + Plus…
Numbers Un-contracted form of writing contracted form of writing Writing without regards for grammatical rules of Igala compound word formation…
Particularly in the counting of money today, the influence from the British Pound system evaluation, the influence of the Hausa…
The Igala numeral system is in a structurally complex state that presents quite some difficulty to the user and learner.…
The numeral system of Igala displays mathematical operations of addition, multiplication and subtraction in the realisation of especially non-basic numbers.…
Udogba Olopu Aluka Igala Being the text of article presented at the occasion of the maiden edition of IGALA STUDIES…
Why and how Igala numeration was recently modernized Being the text of article presented at the occasion of the maiden…
The digital family theory of numbering (DIFTON) Being the text of article presented at the occasion of the maiden edition…
Place your Adverts Here
Articles for learning Igala language
- Why and how Igala numeration was recently modernized
- A case for Igala language studies in the curriculum of agricultural extension in schools
- Igala alphabet – E
- ANCIENT IGALA NUMERAL SYSTEM
- The morphosyntax of Igala verbs
- The digital family theory of numbering (DIFTON)
- Miscellaneous Influences on the Igala Numeral System
- EDUCATION AND RE-ORIENTATION OF IGALA CULTURAL VALUES
- The Dialects of Igala Language
- List of Nigerian languages spoken by less than 5000 people
- Relational opposites in Igala language
- The maiden annual conference of the Igala studies association
This space is vacant for Adverts
Do you believe language can die?
- Need for adequate materials for Language Education and Literacy.
- Who made the UNESCO Atlas of the World’s Languages in Danger?
- What are the causes of language endangerment and disappearance?
- Threats to the growth of Igala language
- THE PROBLEM – LANGUAGE DEATH
- Cultivation of positive attitude towards Igala Language.
- How many languages have already disappeared?
- What does it mean to say that a language is extinct?
- Relevance of Igala language in education:
- Do new languages appear today?
- Lack of Intergenerational Language Transmission as a threath to Igala language
- Educational potentials of Igala language:
- Lack of quality documentation : Plaque to the growth of a language
- Igala alphabet – I
- AKPO (Oral puzzles in Igala Language)
- EARLY PHASE OF CHRISTIANITY IN IGALALAND
- The morphosyntax of Igala verbs
- The ATA Royal drums and trumpets
- ADALE (Another form of Idioms)
- Repositioning indigenous theatre and language for cultural awareness among the Igala youths
- Who is “OJO” in Igala thought: Interpretative approach
- CHALLENGES ON ATTAH HANDS
- Igala alphabet – Ẹ
- NATIONAL INSTITUTE FOR NIGERIAN LANGUAGES (NINLAN) – 2016 National Conffeerence