Its our pleasure at Igalapedia project that you commit interest to seeking knowledge about Igala language. We want you to enjoy learning Igala language as much as we enjoy teaching it! And we make sure that the Igala we teach you with our learning tools is relevant and useful to you outside of the learning environment.
Our curriculum for Igala studies is divided into three module. The module two which can also be referred to as General Igala Studies is a language study Courses for people of all levels ranging from from complete beginners to near-native speakers of Igala language. Our Igalapedia quiz is a Preparatory self test learning tool that will give you the skills needed to do really well in the Igala language online competition we are putting in place to encourage the learners.
Igala Studies Curriculum
What you must know about learning Igala language
This is a collaborative network for Indigenous Language Research and Development initiated as part of Igalapedia Project. The Igala WordNet was born out of studies and research carried out on the English wordNet (lexical database of English) for development of Igala language while applying techniques acquired from field of engineering studies. This is to create a large lexical database of Igala and many other Nigerian languages for cross dialect studies and understanding the pattern of Nigerian indigenous languages.
The program has been written and the simulation copy is been tested on Igala language with parts of speech, figure of speech and words structure been grouped into sets of cognitive synonyms (synsets), each expressing a distinct concept. Synsets are interlinked by means of conceptual-semantic and lexical relations. The resulting network of meaningfully related words and concepts can be navigated with the browser on the Igalapedia project’s website and the desktop dictionary.
Place your Adverts Here
Articles for learning Igala language
- IGALA CLAN SALUTATIONS
- Morphology of Igala Language
- Miscellaneous Influences on the Igala Numeral System
- List of Nigerian languages spoken by less than 5000 people
- Why you most learn the Igala language
- Igala Numeral System
- Unit Expressions / Morphological Forms in the Igala Numeral system
- Reanalysis of long vowel diphthong and CVV Syllable structure in Igala
- IGALA:Towards evolving strategies for the preservation of a threatened language
- Igala Phonology
- Towards the Standardization of the Igala Language
- Igala alphabet – E
This space is vacant for Adverts
Do you believe language can die?
- Cultivation of positive attitude towards Igala Language.
- Which are the regions with the most endangered languages?
- What can be done to save a language from disappearing?
- Need for adequate materials for Language Education and Literacy.
- How Response to New Domains and Media affect the growth of Igala Language
- What does UNESCO do to prevent the endangerment and disappearance of languages?
- What does it mean to say that a language is extinct?
- Relevance of Igala language in education:
- The effects of Governmental and institutional language attitudes
- THE PROBLEM – LANGUAGE DEATH
- Lack of quality documentation : Plaque to the growth of a language
- What are the causes of language endangerment and disappearance?
- Igala language and Linguistic Adoption
- EDUCATION AND RE-ORIENTATION OF IGALA CULTURAL VALUES
- Africans and African Humanism: What Prospects?
- Phono semantic matching between lgbo and Igala language
- Arithmetic Operations in the Numeral system
- UNYIALE – The Royal umbrella
- Igala alphabet – O
- Igala alphabet – A
- Ita Alu Igala (Proverbs)
- Enhancing Meaning through Music in Igala Festival Theatre Ogani Angwa Experience
- Igala Kingdom in Perspective
- Igala Numeral System